2023 Harvey County Fair Demo Derby – Weld Rules
Entries are open to men and women who have a valid driver’s license. In the interest of safety and in fairness to all contestants, the following rules and regulations will prevail:
DRIVERS ENTRY AND FEES:
1. All drivers and pit crews must be 18 years of age or have a notarized permit by a parent or guardian. ID must be shown by both the minor and signing adult at check in. Notary paper work must be done prior to entry! There will be no notary available at the derby.
2. All drivers and pit crew must sign a release form prior to derby.
3. Drivers must furnish his/her own car.
4. A maximum of six (6) sponsors per car.
5. Drivers may enter each heat but must have a different car for each heat.
6. Each car will pay an entry fee. The entry fee will include two pit passes, one driver & one car. The fee is as follows – $100 the day of the derby.
7. Additional pit passes will be available for $20 ea.
8. Anyone entering the pit area must provide a valid state ID.
9. **NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 WILL BE ADMITTED TO THE PIT AREA AT ANYTIME BETWEEN 11AM TO THE END OF THE DERBY! Anyone under the age of 18 must have notarized paper work with them at the time of check in along with the signing adult & both presenting a valid ID.
1. Drivers may maneuver forward and/or backward.
2. If the driver does not hit another car aggressively within 1 minute, that driver will be disqualified.
3. DO NOT play possum & NO TEAM DRIVING!
4. Drivers must attend a drivers meeting approximately one–half hour prior to the start of the derby.
5. All protests must be submitted by a driver in writing to the official with a minimum of five (5) driver’s signatures along with $50. If the car is found to have cheated the $50 will be returned. If the car is found to be legal, the $50 will be given to the driver in question.
6. No pit persons allowed in show arena during a heat.
7. Cars must be inspected between 2:00 and 5:30 PM. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. The Derby will start at 6:30 PM.
8. If any car is found to be illegal during inspection they get two chances to fix it correctly, the THIRD time the car has to be inspected it will cost $50 for it to be looked at again.
9. No drivers or pit crew members under the influence of liquor or any illegal substance will be allowed to participate or enter the exhibition area. County and Sate Law prohibit the consumption or possession of any alcoholic beverage or cereal malt beverages on property owned by city, state or governmental subdivision.
10. Only one (1) work vehicle per car entry in pit area. NO TRAILERS INSIDE PITS DURING CHECK IN. Please drop trailers outside of pit area away from spectator parking.
11. Cars are subject to re–inspection before prize money or trophies are handed out. THE TOP FIVE (5) CARS WILL NOT LEAVE THE ARENA AFTER THE FINAL. THESE CARS WILL BE INSPECTED AGAIN BY OFFICIAL AND DRIVER ONLY, BEFORE ANY PRIZE MONEY IS AWARDED.
12. If you have any questions give us a call. If the rules don’t say it, don’t do it. Official’s decisions are final!
PREPARATION OF CARS:
1. Any make of automobile, 1950 and up may be entered as long as the vehicle is not a pickup, truck, or jeep. No four wheel drives, NO Chrysler Imperials or Desoto, NO ambulances or hearses will be allowed. No trucks, jeeps, Convertibles, carryalls, and NO Imperial/Desoto sub frame cars. Suicide Lincolns will be allowed.
2. We will be checking for safety
3. Get creative
4. Judges will be lenient.
– Official’s decisions are FINAL! If there is an altercation with an official you will be removed from the derby arena and or pit area and not be able to return.