Entries are open to men and women who have a valid driver’s license. In the interest of safety and in fairness to all contestants, the following rules and regulations will prevail:
DRIVERS ENTRY AND FEES:
- All drivers and pit crews must be 18 years of age or have a notarized permit by a parent or guardian. ID must be shown by both the minor and signing adult at check in. Notary paper work must be done prior to entry! There will be no notary available at the derby.
- All drivers and pit crew must sign a release form prior to derby.
- Drivers must furnish his/her own car.
- A maximum of six (6) sponsors per car.
- Drivers may enter each heat but must have a different car for each heat.
- Each car will pay an entry fee. The entry fee will include two pit passes, one driver & one car. The fee is as follows – $40 the day of the derby.
- Additional pit passes will be available for $20 each.
- Anyone entering the pit area must provide a valid state ID.
- **NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 WILL BE ADMITTED TO THE PIT AREA AT ANYTIME BETWEEN 11AM TO THE END OF THE DERBY! Anyone under the age of 18 must have notarized paper work with them at the time of check in along with the signing adult & both presenting a valid ID.
- Drivers may maneuver forward and/or backward.
- If the driver does not hit another car aggressively within 1 minute, that driver will be disqualified.
- DO NOT play possum & NO TEAM DRIVING!
- Drivers must attend a drivers meeting approximately one-half hour prior to the start of the derby.
- All protests must be submitted by a driver in writing to the official with a minimum of five (5) driver’s signatures along with $50. If the car is found to have cheated the $50 will be returned. If the car is found to be legal, the $50 will be given to the driver in question.
- No pit persons allowed in show arena during a heat.
7. Cars must be inspected between 2:00 and 5:30 PM. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. The Derby will start at 6:30 PM.
- If any car is found to be illegal during inspection they get two chances to fix it correctly, the THIRD time the car has to be inspected it will cost $50 for it to be looked at again.
- No drivers or pit crew members under the influence of liquor or any illegal substance will be allowed to participate or enter the exhibition area. County and State Law prohibit the consumption or possession of any alcoholic beverage or cereal malt beverages on property owned by city, state or governmental subdivision.
- Only one (1) work vehicle per car entry in pit area. NO TRAILERS INSIDE PITS DURING CHECK IN. Please drop trailers outside of pit area away from spectator parking.
- Cars are subject to re-inspection before prize money or trophies are handed THE TOP FIVE (5) CARS WILL NOT LEAVE THE ARENA AFTER THE FINAL. THESE CARS WILL BE INSPECTED AGAIN BY OFFICIAL AND DRIVER ONLY, BEFORE ANY PRIZE MONEY IS AWARDED.
- If you have any questions give us a call. If the rules don’t say it, don’t do it. Official’s decisions are final!
- Roof Sign maximum 24” x 24” is mandatory.
PREPARATION OF CARS
- Dash may be removed.
- Stock gas tank can be used under car. If, changed to inside it must be a metal fuel cell no exceptions. Must be secured properly and no fuel leakage. No more than 6 gallons gas. (gas tanks like in crown vics should be removed)
- Battery may be relocated to inside of car but must be secured properly (1 automotive battery), and covered.
- You may use 2 all thread no larger than 5/8” with washers no bigger than 6 inches outside diameter. All thread may go through the frame. (THESE 2 MUST BE ON THE OUTSIDE OF RADIATOR SUPPORT).
- Hood must have a 5×5 hole cut in it to extinguish fires. Hood must open for inspection and must remain on hinges. You can use 8 pieces of chain 3/8 6 in hood to fender, 2 from hood to bumper .or you can use 9 wire the same way with 3 wraps per fastening spot. Must have windshield bar from top of windshield to top of fire wall you can use 9 wire, chain or 3 inch flat metal. 2 max in this area.
- Trunks must be on hinges. You can use 8 pieces of chain 3/8 in trunk 6 to fasten trunk lid and 2 from trunk lid to bumper. Or you can use 9 wire the same way with 3 wraps per fastening spot. You can tuck 50% of trunk lid only or remove trunk lid completely.
- BUMPERS may have a 4”x 5”x1/4” plate welded or bolted for mounting purposes. This plate may bolt to frame with 4 bolts or 6” of total weld to frame. As stated in rule 4 &5 you can also use nine wire or chain along with bolting. You may swap out aluminum bumpers to 80s and newer steel bumper or a single piece of 3×3 tubing, 3/16” thick— must attach the same as stock.
- Doors you can use 6 pieces of chain 3/8 per door or 6 pieces of 9 wire per door with 3 wraps. Both front doors you can have a six inch wide piece of channel or equivalent from 6 inches in front of front doors to 6 inches behind front doors. May be welded or bolted. May have four bar floating cage .not to exceed 6 inch cage material, cannot go any further back than 6 inches of front doors . Front bar must be in dash area, must be at least 5 inches off floor.
- TIRES: D.O.T. approved light truck tires max.
- NO HEADER PIPES.
- REAR ENDS: Locking of rear ends permitted.
- FRAME Notching of frame permitted but cannot be welded back together.
- Push pull shifter allowed.
- Push button start allowed.
- THIS IS THE MAX OF WHAT YOU CAN DO ON A BONE STOCK CAR. DO NOT DO ANYMORE THAN THIS OR YOU WON’T BE RUNNING THIS CLASS.
- Official’s decisions are FINAL! If there is an altercation with an official you will be removed from the derby arena and or pit area and not be able to return.
REMOVAL OF CARS
Each driver must remove his/her car from the fairgrounds within 12 hours of the end of the derby.
Any cars remaining on the fairgrounds more than 12 hours will become property of the Free Fair Association.
ANY QUESTIONS ON THE BUILDING OF CARS, CONTACT RYDELL PENNER AT 316-303-6307.